There may be a few different ways you might notice activity from B Generous that you do not recognize:
- You notice a charge from B Generous or Peach, our payment processor
- You see communication or activity on your B Generous account
- You see information from B Generous on your credit report
In any of these events, the first thing you should do is to check if you have any communication from us related to a Donate Now, Pay Later donation. Searching for B Generous in your commonly used email inboxes may help to identify the origin of a donation loan with B Generous to a nonprofit you may be familiar with. If you are able to find any communication, it is best to review the original email, documentation, and date to confirm if you were aware of the donation loan.
If you have done this and still do not recognize a loan or charge from us, please reach out to let us know right away!
In addition to contacting us, there are also a couple of steps that would be best to take right away to help prevent further activity without your consent.
- If you are aware of B Generous but there was activity on your account you did not make, you should first ensure that the contact information to sign up with B Generous is secure. This can include resetting pins for devices that can access your text messages, changing email passwords, and confirming who may have access to your accounts or devices.
- If you are not aware of B Generous and you noticed a charge on your payment method, you may also want to reach out to your bank to ensure there are no additional transactions you did not authorize. It may also be necessary to have your payment methods updated to prevent future charges.
- If you are not aware of B Generous and you noticed activity on your credit report, it may be best to reach out to the major credit bureaus to place a freeze on your credit file to ensure there are no applications for credit that can be processed through these sources.
In the event that you recognize a donation loan and the nonprofit, but believe the loan terms are different from your original agreement, please be sure to review the original loan documentation sent on completing your donation loan through B Generous. If you have any questions with how your account has been set up, please be sure to reach out to us right away.